At Heaviside we partner with organizations to design data-augmented strategies, engineer pragmatic technologies and delivering impactful use-cases that enlighten real-world problem.
We step-function business by inventing their future way of working. We do this by designing data-augmented strategies, engineering pragmatic technologies and delivering impactful use-cases that enlighten real-world problems.
All roles at Heaviside involve business and technical development pathways which aim at facilitating your career growth. We aspire to build an employee experience where you will grow more with us, not be drowned out by the loudest voice, and hence we strive to set you up for a career which will have a greater impact.
As a Data Engineer at Heaviside, you will be joining a small team responsible for the data systems that power everything we do for our clients. It can cover both strategy and business planning as well as cutting-edge behavioral research and organizational analytics.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the data stack from collection to reporting, with a focus on infrastructure and technical processes.
You will be working with Data Consultants and support them in tackling their clients' data challenges. You will contribute to the definition of data strategies, the implemention of data systems, and you will support the leverage of data into transformational projects.
In general, you will be responsible for understanding problems intimately, crafting a technical strategy to address them, and facilitating high-quality technical execution.
- Data Unifier: Architect, assemble, assimilate, clean, and conform large, complex datasets to deliver business insights and power data product experiences
- Data Security Agent: Design and build reliable, scalable data infrastructure with leading privacy and security techniques to safeguard data
- Data Ops: Own the end-to-end data stack including event collection, data governance, data integrations, and modeling
- Data Custodian: Ensure consistency and quality of the technical environment and data structure through metrics, documentation, processes, data testing, and training
If you have some or all of the following please apply
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Data Warehouse services. Experience in Google BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift/Athena, Looker, Azure SQL DWH or Azure Databricks is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable in relational and big data architectures, data warehousing, data integration, data modelling, data optimisation and data analysis techniques
- Experience in building end to end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud-based data platforms
- Experience with hands-on delivery of solutions which include databases, advanced SQL and software development in languages such as Python
- Interested and knowledgeable in Big Data technologies and Apache ecosystem technologies such as Beam, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, databases, integration, master data management, quality assurance, data wrangling and data governance technologies
- Experienced with public cloud platforms and cloud infrastructure, which is essential
- Exposed to ETL/ELT and governance tools
- Interested in AI and ML technologies and principles
- Able to migrate and transform large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures and formats, modeled to support analysis for access to quality actionable insights
- You are a strong analytical thinker and problem solver with thought leadership and commercial awareness
- You are fully fluent in French and English (the position is based in Paris)
At Heaviside, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts by providing benefits that allow our employees:
- You will benefit from a competitive package based on your experience with opportunity for advancement
- We are committed to make you grow and become the best version of yourself as part of a world-class team with bright and passionate people. Heaviside will strongly invest in your development through on-going training and personalized skills development path
- We value initiative and are always happy to subvention team building activities or any kind of insightful training
- There is no subject matter expert at Heaviside, even if our consultants start their track with a strategic/business or tech “color”, they are expected to build or strengthen their expertise or consulting approach during client assignments
- Our HR and Staffing team is closely following each individual in order to make everyone the best version of himself
Inclusion & Diversity
The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfill our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at Heaviside.